Baltimore (CNN)Latest developments:
• “It’s clear that what we have to do is change the culture within the Baltimore Police Department,” Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony Batts said Tuesday. The process has been underway for more than two years, but there is more to do, he said.
• Monday night’s riots in Baltimore were a rough time, Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said, but the response Tuesday shows that residents want to reclaim, repair and heal the city.
• Wednesday’s game between the Baltimore Orioles and Chicago White Sox will be closed to the public, the Orioles announced. A source within Major League Baseball told CNN the league is not aware of any prior closed-door games in major league history.
Full story can be found here at the CNN website.
When I first started this blog, I wanted to talk about a wide range of topics from sports, entertainment, faith and politics. And being the big fight fan that I am, I was going to post as much as I could about the biggest fight to come along in my lifetime, Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. However, I’ve seen several media personalities, including some from ESPN, that have called for a boycott of the fight based on Floyd Mayweather’s history of domestic violence. The fact that I’m covering, and will be watching the fight, does not mean I condone Mayweather’s actions. I’m covering this fight for two main reasons.
- Manny Pacquiao is a Born-Again Christian
Pacquiao became a born-again Christian a few years ago and began to cover his fights on this site a few years ago. Here is a video talking about him coming to Christ.
- It’s Going to be a History Making Event
Louis vs. Schmeling 2, Ali vs. Frazier 1, Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. According to George Foreman, these are the three most important fights in boxing history. Who am I to disagree with the champ? This fight is truly going to be historic and I can’t wait. If you don’t want to pay the outragous $99 for the PPV, then go out somewhere and see it. Just make sure you find a way to see it. Witness boxing history!!!
On Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: The Legends Speak, George Foreman stated that this fight could go down in history with two other historic bouts. He stated that the most important fight in boxing history was the rematch between Joe Louis and Max Schmeling. In the No. 2 slot, he put the first Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier bout which was called “The Fight of the Century.” Below is the video of each fight in its entirety.
List of the Referee and Judges including their notable fights
Floyd Mayweather vs. Marcos Maidana II
Manny Pacquiao vs. Tim Bradley II
Floyd Mayweather vs. Saul Alvarez
Floyd Mayweather vs. Maidana I (117-111 for Mayweather)
Timothy Bradley vs. Juan Manuel Marquez (115-113 for Marquez)
Floyd Mayweather vs. Maidana I (116-112 for Mayweather)
During long drives or when I’m just relaxing at home, I love listening to podcasts. In contrast to a lot of talk radio, which tries to reach a broad audience, most podcasts try to only reach a niche market. Most are centered around one topic or so and each episode expands on that topic.
I subscribe to many podcasts from the world on sports, news, politics, and Christianity. Below is a list of the Christian podcasts that I listen to. Most of these shows can be heard on the radio as well, but through podcasts can be listened to at your pleasure.
In anticipation for the upcoming Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao fight on May 2, here are the preview shows that HBO has done.